September 19, 2014

R5-D4 Trading Cards & DIY Display Stand

R5 trading card display

Since I started my R5 build, my searches for info, pictures etc have revealed a few items dedicated to him. The toy figure, being the most obvious one. I also now own a 'Bad Motivator' hoody and T-shirt. But I'd also come across a few trading card game cards, which led me back to the original film, cards.

A quick eBay search and Amazon too, revealed five different cards. So I found/bought the six. (Six, yes, one I bought two of lol). Next I wanted to display them, so came up with this idea.....
R5 trading card display
 The material is perspex and machine's well, I used a Milling machine to cut the slots, though you could just as easilly use a drill or dremel?? You just have to keep it cool so it doesn't melt. I then spaced out the slotted pieces and glued them in place with regualar super glue. The Galictic Hero R5 is not glued down, might do in the future.

R5-D4 trading cards
 And here are my cards (so far). The two blue boarder ones are vintage 1977 cards. The far right is a modern trading card one (this is the one I have two of) The two middle ones are trading card game cards. And the bottom one, which is the same image as top left card is one made for the Japaness market. These are not all 'specific' R5-D4 cards, but they have rare images of him on these types of cards and thought it would be cool to have them. There's one or two cards I've see that I'm still after, I'll post these up in another post. 
R5-D4 trading cards
Picture above shows the reverse of the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment