July 04, 2012

R5-D4's Motivator 1.3

For part 1.2, which was only spraying up silver, go to this post

I used Humbrol black tinned paint and using a brush, did a process called dry brushing, over the parts of the Motivator. This helps to pick out the high point details and also dulls down the  silver paint, hopefully to give it a charred/burned look.

I cut a piece of coated wire and then fed it through two holes, one near the top and the other into the side of the 'stump'. These were then glued in place. Next I drilled a hole through the 'heat sink' (again, for want of a better word) into the 'stump'. This was then pinned and glued in place.  I then added some extra electronic components I'd saved and glued these in place.
The mesh is not fixed in place yet, I need to sort out internals for fixing to the Dome and also to stop little fingers from pushing it deeper inside lol
I then went and re-painted with more black paint, made it really dirty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment