December 09, 2011

R5-D4 build cost so far

Spent a small fortune in B&Q the other night. Five cans of spray paint lol....£25 !!


I'd gone in for grey primer and remembered I also needed white for the main colour. So decided whilst I was there, I might as well pick up a small blue metallic, silver and of course can of clear. Would of got a bigger cans of there three, but they didn't do them (here).
So thought I'd write up about the cost of R5's build so far.


All the wood so far, bar one sheet, I have manage to find. It was left overs and wasn't needed. I had a load of different sized screw's that I've gathered over the years, including some nice long ones left over from a decking project.
  • Paint              = £65.29
  • Nuts & Bolts   = £23.26
  • Extras            = £16.24
Total so far         = £107.79

This I feel is not to bad, considering that I didn't have to buy any major amounts of wood! And also the machined components that I've made have also saved me a LOT of money!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment